Saturday, October 20, 2012

PowerPoint as an Interactive Teaching Tool

…and writing tool. The presentations a computer based genre. I've never cared for them or how students and even seasoned presenters use and abuse them. Still, it is undeniable that presentations are a distinct and valid genre of writing. So maybe it is time to look at them like that. Geoff Cain, Brainstorm in Progress, writes,
PowerPoint is on every computer in this college and every college I have worked with. Students, faculty, and staff use and abuse it every day. Those of you who know me know that I am not particularly an advocate of commercial technology but it is a tool that is being used for teaching and learning. When I am wearing my instructional designer's cap, I have to think about the best uses of any tool. Here is a presentation I gave on PowerPoint (with links to more resources for learning about PPT).
Brainstorm in Progress: PowerPoint as an Interactive Teaching Tool 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...